Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vinca Hand Towel

Those of you who have studied the user manual for Journal Six will recognize this image. I recently knitted it up as a four color cotton hand towel.

It only took a few minutes in Journal Six to go from a backyard photograph to a 100 by 100 stitch pattern. I used knit technique 209, which results in a gauge where the the pattern rows are approximate twice as tall as the stitches. The Aspect feature made it easy to preview what my stitch pattern would look like knitted.

Designing was easy. Knitting was another story. I used Brittany cotton for two of the colors and the other colors were some left-over yarn an ex-weaver gave me. This was a challenge to knit because the cottons were of different thicknesses. Slow and steady wins the race, though. I'm glad it's done, but I don't think I'll be mixing yarns like that anytime soon again.

This is now the prettiest towel I own.

No comments: