Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sketchbook in Progress

Well, I've been working diligently on the sketchbook. Here's an in-progress screen shot. I'm starting to get really excited about this project! The users have asked for this feature ever since Journal Six was first released. I've always been hesitant because there are so many wonderful graphics programs available and I didn't want to spend a lot of time re-inventing the wheel. However, as was pointed out to me by the Journal Six community, those graphics programs can be expensive and they aren't optimized for stitch patterns. The goal of the sketchbook component is to provide a painting program that is specifically designed for creating stitch patterns quickly and easily.

Although the picture shows a lot of progress, there is still a great deal of work left. I can't guarantee when or if the sketchbook will be released. If I do release it, it will be a free upgrade for existing Journal Six users.

No comments: