Sunday, May 1, 2016

Form Programs Explained (Revised)

It's been a really long time since I've posted, but now I've got something exciting to post about. 

In 2009 I published an article about the meaning of the codes that make up a form programme.  I had figured out the basic subroutines that make up the form programme as well some of the increase/decrease codes.  It was enough to put together a pullover generator, but it was not the complete story.

I’m happy to report that all of the shaping codes are now documented in a revised version of my Form Programmes Explained article. Many thanks to Elizabeth for sharing her research. It’s been a joy collaborating with her. I’ve often heard it said that no one could ever crack the form programmes. In a sense it’s true; it took two of us.

I’ll be working on a new and improved online form programme editor next.

All of this is part of a project to revitalize my other website, bikibird.com, and turn it into the home of great web apps to make your hand and machine knitting easier and more creative. Please consider supporting bikibird.com financially through Patreon. Your support will help keep these apps free for everyone to use and fund future apps, patterns, and tutorials. Together we can make great things.

No comments: